IMPORTANT INFORMATION SoftBank 920P Software Update
June 18, 2008
Thank you for using SoftBank Mobile.
Faults described below have been found on SoftBank 920P (manufactured by Panasonic Mobile Communications Co., Ltd.).
Software to resolve the faults will be made available via Software Update.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. We appreciate your understanding and ask for your continuous support for our products and services.
1. Identified Faults
SoftBank 920P (released on February 29, 2008)
- Message in Unsent Messages cannot be deleted on occasion.
- Message in Drafts cannot be edited on occasion.
- A part of Messaging Settings modified by the user is changed to the default settings on occasion.
Software Update also includes other enhancements for 920P. We encourage all 920P users to download the new software.
Software Update will be available via the Network from June 18, 2008. Please follow steps below for Software Update.
< Software Update Precautions >
- Before updating software, turn power off to end all active functions/applications, then restart handset.
- Make sure battery is fully charged or charger is connected; a low battery may cause update failure.
- Implement Software Update in a place where signal is strong and stable. Do not remove battery during Software Update.
- Software Update may take up to approximately 20 minutes.
- Do not remove battery during Software Update. If Update fails to complete after about 25 minutes, remove and reinstall battery before retrying. If Update still fails after retrying, bring the handset to the nearest SoftBank Shop.
- Other functions are disabled during Software Update. When other functions are active, Software Update cannot be implemented.
- Software Update should not affect Phone Book entries, images, sounds, etc. saved on 920P. However, handset data may be lost due to hardware failure, damage, or water damage etc. Always back up important information before using Software Update.
- Packet transmission fees do not apply to updates (including checking, downloading and rewriting).
Please follow the steps below.
- Start Software Update
Please select "Software Update" in "Settings" menu.
Please select "YES" on confirmation display. (Figure.5)
- Agree to Term of Use and enter PIN
Please select "Agree" after you read the Term of Use.
Please enter PIN(Center Access Code which is 4-digit number specified at initial subscription) then select "OK".
- Confirmation whether Software Update is needed or not You can see the one of the following display.
- Select Software Update method
- Download the software
After download completed, confirmation display for rebooting phone is displayed.
Please select "OK".
- Update to the latest software
After Software Update completed, phone reboots automatically.
- After update to the latest software completed
After rebooting phone, idle screen will be displayed, then you can use the phone.
You can confirm the result of Software Update with selecting "View" on Figure.21.