Handsets with Wi-Fi functionality can be used at SoftBank Wi-Fi spots and other Wi-Fi services/locations.
SoftBank Wi-Fi spots are available at familiar cafes, restaurants, major train stations and other locations. SoftBank Wi-Fi spots are expanding continuously.
|SoftBank Wi-Fi Spot Monthly Usage Fee|
|Flat-rate Unlimited Data Service/Plan
|Other Unlimited Data Service/Plan
|iPhone||Free of charge
Free of charge for 2 years
(for new subscriptions)*2
|SoftBank 3G (Handsets with Wi-Fi functionality)|
|iPad Wi-Fi+Cellular+Cellular model
iPad Wi-Fi+Cellular+3G model
|Mobile Data Communication devices*3
(Devices with SoftBank Wi-Fi Spot functionality)
|iPad Wi-Fi model*4||Free of charge for 2 years (from service activation)|
If another campaign/offer is being applied, the applicable fee may not apply.
- *1 The following flat-rate unlimited data services are applicable:
"Unlimited Packet Discount Flat", "Unlimited Packet Discount Flat for SMARTPHONE", "Unlimited Packet Discount MAX for SMARTPHONE", "Basic Flat-rate Data Plan", "iPad Basic Flat-Rate Data Plan"
- *2 By subscribing to this service between June 1, 2011 and March 31, 2013, the monthly usage fee of the service will be free of charge for 2 years starting from the data of subscription. If you change handsets after making the subscription, the service will be free of charge for another 2 years starting from the date in which the handset is changed. If you have a subscription with the iPad Prepaid Plan, the service will be free for 2 years starting from the date of service activation and after 2 years the campaign/offer will end.
Any changes made to this campaign/offer will be notified on SoftBank's web page.
- *3 For mobile data communication devices, the following unlimited data services/plans for ULTRA SPEED are applicable:
Flat-rate Unlimited Data Services/Plans: "Unlimited Data Discount Flat for ULTRA SPEED", "Unlimited Data Plan Flat for ULTRA SPEED"
Other Unlimited Data Services/Plans: "Unlimited Data Discount for ULTRA SPEED"
- *4 SoftBank Wi-Fi Spot (2 years) subscriptions can be made at SoftBank shops, Apple Stores, the Apple Online Store, and certain retail stores. This offer may not be applicable at certain stores. Please check the details at stores.
For customers who subscribed through the Apple Online Store, please apply the settings after 5 days have passed since receiving the unit.
Access MySoftBank from your Safari bookmarks and configure the settings according to the instructions listed in the SoftBank Wi-Fi link. When configuring the settings, change your E mail (i) address as needed. After applying the settings, all SoftBank Wi-Fi spots including BB mobilepoint locations can be used as Wi-Fi access points.
- *1 Users who have already configured an iPhone E Mail (i) account need to delete the existing account before performing the above settings.
Deleting existing account settings
"Settings" > "Mails, Contacts, Calendars" > "XXX@i.softbank.jp" (XXX=registered name) > "Delete Account"
If you change your E Mail (i) address or password after performing the above settings, the settings must be configured again.
SoftBank SMARTPHONE (including X series) models with Wi-Fi functionality
Configure the Wi-Fi settings of the application accordingly.
- *1 If "the Wi-Fi Spot Settings" option does not exist, the corresponding application must be downloaded from the Google Play™. A Google™ account is required to use the Google Play™.
- *2 4 digit security number specified during signup.
- For certain Windows Mobile devices, there may be problems connecting to BB mobilepoint locations. In such cases, login to the "Wi-Fi Spot Settings" application again or turn the "ON/OFF Button" (at the upper section of the tool startup screen) OFF and then ON.
- The settings differ according to your handset/model. Refer to the instructions manual of your handset/model for details.