- Calls to a landline/local carrier's handset within the country you are in.
When calling another Japanese handset in the same country you are in, always enter the country code for Japan (81).
- Calls to a /local carrier's handset outside the country you are in.
To enter “+,” either press and hold “0” or press “＊” twice. If you cannot enter “+,” enter the international call prefix instead. International call prefix varies depending on the country the caller is in.
Note: When placing a call to a fixed-line phone in Italy, the initial “0” is required.
International Dial Assistance
Some models have International Dial Assistance for easier and more convenient calls while overseas.
International Dial Assistance automatically detects when you are overseas and gives you instructions in pop-up windows. For details, please see the User's Guide.
- Receiving Voice Call or Video Call from a handset or landline in Japan.
- Receiving Voice Call or Video Call from a handset contracted in Japan that is in the same country as you.
- Receiving Voice Call or Video Call from a local handset or landline.
- Receiving Voice Call or Video Call from a foreign handset or landline in another country.
- When placing a call using Address Book, go to Menu→Settings→International Calls and “+81” will be automatically added.
- To enter “+,” either press and hold “0” or press “＊” twice. If you cannot enter “+,” enter the international call prefix instead. International Access Number varies depending on the country the caller is in.
Country Codes and International Call Prefixes of Major Countries
|Region||Country||Country code||International call prefix|
|South/North America||United States of America||1||011|