For monthly payment by credit card or direct debit from a bank account or Japan Post Bank savings account.
When making a new application, please prepare one set of documentation below.
Please do not make your own photocopies, as only the original documents are accepted as proof of identification.
One of the following (A-G)
- Valid alien registration or resident card and passport; period of stay must be valid for at least 90 days from application date.
- Alien registration must bear photograph and same name, address, and date of birth as application.
- Short term visa holders are ineligible. Installment payment application may be denied due to visa expiration date.
- If address differs from application, one B 1-3 document is required. Name on B 1-3 document must be the same as alien registration.
- Applications for an installment purchase recommendation contract may be refused depending on foreign resident validity periods.
When using Health Insurance Card, one of the following items is also required:
- Certificate of Residence
- Public utility payment receipt
- Official printed materials from public agency
- Valid insurance card bearing same name, address, and date of birth as application.
- Residence certificate, public utility (electricity, gas, water) receipt, or official printed material from a public agency must be original, dated no more than three months prior to application; documents must bear same name and address as application.
- Official printed material from public agency must be printed on agency-issued material and bear same name and address as application.
- Current student ID and valid insurance card.
- Student ID bearing photograph, and same name and date of birth as insurance card.
- Insurance card must bear same address as application; if it differs, one B 1-3 document is required.
- B 1-3 document must bear same name as student ID and insurance card.
- Valid driver's license issued by prefectural Public Safety Commission bearing same name, address, and date of birth as application.
- If driver's license address differs from application, one of the documents in B 1-3 is required.
- Name on B 1-3 document and driver's license must match.
- Valid Japanese passport bearing same name, address, and date of birth as application.
- If passport address is not current, or differs from application, one of the documents in B 1-3 is required.
- Name on B 1-3 document and passport must match.
- Certificate must be currently valid, display photograph, and show the same name, address, and date of birth as on application.
- If address on certificate is different from address on application, any one of ID documents in B 1-3 is required.
- Name on B 1-3 must be the same as on certificate.
- Credit card used for monthly payment and valid insurance card bearing same name, address, and date of birth as application.
- Insurance card must bear the same name as application.
- If insurance card address differs from application, one B 1-3 document is required.
Parent/Legal Guardian Authorization Form must be completed with seal of parent/guardian.
- Persons under age 12 cannot apply.
- Minors must complete the following form:
- When additions to a current Family Discount subscription are made, the registration information will be compared with the same Family Discount member's information.
- For the same name with a different address, a long-distance insurance card is necessary (shows one of the same Family Discount group members' name on the same insurance card).
- Application for Family Discount may be rejected according to standards predetermined by SoftBank.
One of the following (J-L)
Identification documents of the applicant must be any of the above.
- Contified copies and original certificates accepted for confirmation of identification will not be returned.
- Photocopied documents will only be used for the purpose of confirming the identity of the subscriber.
- The applicant may be required to provide a deposit of up to ¥100,000 per subscription. This deposit will be held until the subscription is cancelled, at which time it will be refunded, less any outstanding charges.
- Depending on the nature of the application, please note that you may be required to present further documents in addition to the items listed above.
- Further confirmation may be sought regarding details of the documents provided at the time of application.
- Should there be any falsification of the details supplied on your application form (name, address, contact number, etc.), or should invoices etc. prove to be undeliverable by postal service due to some error in your application form, service may be suspended or your subscription cancelled.
- For confirmation, we may contact you at the address and/or telephone number you supplied on your application.
- The direct debit procedure will take 1-2 months from the date of application to complete. Until then, please use the invoice attached to your bill to pay the due amount at a bank, convenience store, or post office.
- SoftBank may restrict use of 3G Services of handsets acquired through improper means such as theft, fraud, or means that violate laws (Act for the Prevention of Illegal Mobile Phone Use, document forgery, etc.) and handsets with unfulfilled payment debt (including debt for installment payments to third parties) or handsets thought to be at such risk.
- 3G Service or Installment Purchase applications may be declined due to credit check results.
- Installment Purchase applications are limited to two per 3G Communication Service Agreement. Even if you have less than two Installment Purchase applications, depending on the results of the investigation you may not be able to apply for a new Installment Purchase application.
- In order to confirm user information, we ask that you voluntarily provide your user information (name, gender, birth date).
- The information provided here is valid as of December, 2008 and is subject to change without notice.
In the event an applicant cannot apply in person at a SoftBank Shop, a surrogate may be designated as representative. (This is useful for employees making applications on behalf of companies.) In this case, a letter authorizing the surrogate is required. Please download the form below.