In order to prevent fraudulent subscriptions or usage of handsets for criminal purposes, SoftBank Mobile may require extra time to approve your application. We may also make your information available to law enforcement agencies. 3G services to handsets acquired by fraudulent contracts or to handsets that are stolen will be restricted. Handsets lawfully purchased through unauthorized dealers may have been obtained by criminal means. 3G services to these handsets may also be restricted. Your cooperation with SoftBank Mobile regarding these matters is greatly appreciated.
SoftBank is carrying out the following countermeasures to prevent unlawful mobile phone contracts and usage in crimes such as bank transfer fraud that use forged documents, etc.
Not available on handsets from overseas carriers.
1.Examinations using multiple original copies of identification documents
Note that contracts may require some time.
2. Information reports to police authorities, etc.
When the information shown on a driver's license, etc. is provided at the time of contract application in order to confirm identification, that information may be provided to police authorities, etc.
3. Restriction of the usage of Voice Call and services using illegally acquired handsets
Voice Call and services using handsets acquired through Internet auctions, etc. may be restricted.
Illegally acquired handsets refer to handsets acquired through improper means such as theft, fraud, or means that violate laws (Act for the Prevention of Illegal Mobile Phone Use, document forgery, etc.) and handsets with unfulfilled payment debt (including debt for installment payments to third parties) or handsets thought to be at such risk.
- A customer making forged or modified identification documents and using such documents or another person's name when applying for a contract falls under document forgery crime (section 155 of the criminal code) or fraud crime (section 246 of the criminal code).
- Using falsified personal information (name/address/date of birth) at the time of application for a mobile phone, transfer of one's own mobile phone without prior consent, and transfer/receipt of another person's mobile phone violates the Act for the Prevention of Illegal Mobile Phone Use.
In order to prevent fraudulent subscriptions or usage of handsets for criminal purposes, 3G services may be restricted to handsets that meet any of the following conditions:
1. Handset was unlawfully obtained through crimes like theft, burglary, document forgery or other means in violation of the Mobile Phone Improper Use Prevention Act.
Please be aware that this may apply to handsets purchased at unauthorized dealers, in which case service may be restricted.
2. False information (name, address, date of birth, etc.) was provided at the time of application.
3. Mail from SoftBank Mobile (e.g., monthly statement) is undeliverable to the address provided in the application.
4. Payments (including handset installment payments) are not made or not likely to be made.